3D Printed Chess Set - Ideas

 



Idea #1 - Insects

Pawn - Ladybug
Knight-Dung Beetle
Bishop - Praying Mantis
Rook - Snail
Queen - Bee
King - Monarch Butterfly

While this option has obvious complications, such as the detail required to accurately model the objects and how sturdy the chess pieces would be once printed, I feel that I can model all of these assets. If done correctly, I believe this concept could be a lot of fun to model and print.

Idea #2 - Hats


Pawn - Toque
Knight - Cowboy Hat
Bishop - Pope Hat
Rook - Morion Helmet
Queen - Princess Costume Hat
King - Top Hat

These pieces are fun and playful. However, I feel they do not present too much of a challenge, as many of these shapes are quite simplistic. However, I do think they would make a cute final product.

Idea #3 - Boats


Pawn - Dingy
Knight - Tugboat
Rook - Canoe
Bishop - Steamboat
Queen - Yacht
King- Clipper Ship

These pieces may need to be simplified compared to the design because I am unsure how much detail the 3D printer can replicate. I also believe that the sails on the dingy and the clipper ship may need alternative methods of production, as they may be too thin to be printed and, therefore, may break.

Idea #4 - Trees


Pawn - Shrub
Knight - Palm Tree
Bishop - Cactus
Rook - Maple
Queen - Willow
King - Oak
There is enough variation between the different pieces, and each presents a good amount of challenge without being too complicated. The reports also have strong bases that won't fall over.

I like all of the design ideas I have drawn out; I guess some input from others about which ideas they like and which would yield the best results would be great.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animated Gif

Stacked Shapes Blog #1