Reverse Engineered Object: Selection

 For my reverse-engineered object, I have selected three objects. A pen, a small flashlight, and a box cutter.

All three of these objects are mechanical in nature and are easy to disassemble and reassemble.

Object #1: Pen 

                                                            Pen - Assembled

Pen Disassembled.

I believe the pen might be a good choice for this reverse-engineered object; it is not too large and is extremely simple to disassemble and reassemble. One of the Biggest obstacles I see with re-building a pen would be taking the measurements of the tiny pieces, like the black piece pictured above, where it moves from thick to narrow within one solid piece.

Object #2 - Box Cutter


Another object that I would look at reverse engineering would be a boxcutter. While this object is easy to disassemble and reassemble, I would like to stay away from this object just because of the sharp blade that is involved in the making of this object. However, I think the various inlays and grips would provide an exciting challenge within this project; this object ranks low on the list of objects I want to do for this project.

Object #3 - Flashlight


Flashlight - Assembled


Flashlight - Front Assembled

Flashlight - Bottom Assembled


                                                    Flashlight - Disassembled 


                                                Flashlight - Disassemble the Top



                                Flashlight - Battery Holder (no batteries)



Flashlight - Battery

The third and final object that I have chosen is this small flashlight. I feel this would be an excellent object to choose, as, like the others, it is easy to take apart and put back together. Another thing is that, unlike the pen, all of the pieces that are involved are large enough to measure with ease. There are also fewer pieces involved than the pen, but they are a bit more complicated than the pen's components.

Choosing between the three of my objects, the one that I would like to proceed with on this reverse-engineered object is the flashlight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Animated Gif

Stacked Shapes Blog #1